Monday, May 30, 2005

big day

Yesterday was a big day and the good things were better than the bad thing. I had to stay at home from church because I had a very very runny nose. I was sad in the morning, but by the time Daddy came home I perked up and had a great rest of the day.

To begin with it was my six-month birthday yesterday. Mummy and Daddy talked to me about my birth and how much it meant to them. Daddy spent a lot of time playing with me on the floor and encouraging me to more around. I have really mastered the art of moving around by rolling and pivoting. I'm working on an army crawl but I think it's still a hit and miss thing.

Our friend had left her sippy cup at our house last week and I was playing with that. It felt good in my mouth and soon Daddy called Mummy into the room to tell me that I had learned how to "work" it even though it was empty. I don't know what it meant, but I was sucking on the top. Soon it was out of reach but I really wanted it. I got up on my knees and moved my arms and legs a couple of times and I got it back.

I was happy to get the cup back, but Mummy and Daddy were excited about how I got there. I think they'll expect me to do that more often. I hope I can remember what I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home