Saturday, June 24, 2006

I always suspected that my parents led a double life, living after I went to bed. Finally last night my strategically-placed minefield of pots and pans paid off and Daddy tripped on one. The clang was terrific, and I awoke.

Mummy sat with me in the chair, silently. She was calm while I squirmed around, willing myself awake. In the dark I could see that her eyes were often closed, but I knew she wasn't asleep. I tried to hold out, staying awake longer than her, but she was a fierce opponent in this game.

It's too bad Daddy didn't come in instead, I thought. After all, when he comes in he talks to me, engages me, helps me wake up. And he takes me into bed with them.

Finally I succombed and let Mummy put me back to bed.

Once I got my reserve energy I got up again -- and this time Daddy got me. Did you know that when I spread out in the bed I can reach almost the entire width of a queen size bed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home