Monday, September 04, 2006

I've Got Him Right Where I Want Him

Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:30. Bleary-eyed, Mummy came into my room and cuddled me for a few minutes, explaining that it was still the middle of the night and time to be sleeping. She returned me to my own bed, which I found unacceptable. So I called "Daddy" through my tears in my most pathetic voice.

It took him a few minutes to come, but he came. He chatted with me and took me downstairs for a drink. Finally he did what he knew I wanted all along, and he let me go to bed with him. I stretched and squirmed and kicked my way to comfort until Mummy finally relented and moved to her corner of the foot of the bed.

She didn't say anything to Daddy yesterday about how she felt about what had happened in the night, but he seemed a little sorry that she got shoved to the end of the bed.

This morning I woke up a little after 5. Again Mummy came in and sat with me, then put me back in bed. Again I cried for Daddy and again he came. Again we went downstairs. And finally we went to bed. He tried to keep me close to him so Mummy didn't get kicked out, but I think she's still displeased.

The point is, I know what I want, and I know how to get it.

2 Comments:

Blogger ABQ Mom said...

Will has a shirt that says "If Mom says No, ask Dad". It's so true. They figure it out so quickly!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Laural said...

I haven't gotten to read this blog very often, but it is awesome!!

You should write children's stories and have them published. You are an excellent writer!!

By the way...this mommy is pushed to the far reaches of the bed BEFORE any kids get in! :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home